About Aisin Manufacturing Illinois, LLC
Vision & Values
Aisin Manufacturing Illinois, LLC (AMI) is one of three Aisin plants located in the Aisin Industrial Park in Marion, IL. The vision of AMI is to be recognized as a World Class Organization, through the relentless pursuit to exceed the expectations of our Customers, Team Members, and Community. Realizing that our Team Members are the most valuable resource, AMI values include:
- Developing Team Member pride and ownership
- Respect for each Team Member and their contributions
- Value Team Members efforts and skill development
- Involvement and Empowerment of Team Members
- October 2001 – Groundbreaking for a 165,000 square foot facility becoming the 8th Aisin plant in North America.
- July 2002 – The first Sunroof for a Toyota Avalon was shipped to Toyota in Erlanger, KY. October 2003 ground was broken for Phase II (165,000 square feet) and completed in July 2004. Making AMI a 330,000 square foot facility.
- December 2003 – AMI is recognized as Marion’s Industry of the Year, as well as the Greater Egypt Regional Planning and Development Business and Industry of the Year.
- 2005 – AMI received its initial quality management system certification for ISO/TS16949 Third Edition 2009-06-15 and every year until 2018. In 2018 AMI received the ISO 9001 Fifth Edition 2015-09-15 and IATF 16949 1 st Edition 2016-10-01, certification as the basis for its commitment to quality excellence. AMI continues to be certified annually in both ISO 9001; IATF 16949.
- 2006 – AMI received its first environmental management system certification to ISO 14001:2004. AMI has been certified ever since, having achieved certification to ISO 14001:2015 in 2017.
- December 2006 – Aisin Manufacturing had a ceremony to celebrate it’s 2 millionth sunroof produced.
- 2009 – Aisin Manufacturing became a Zero-Landfill facility.
- September 14, 2012 – AMI celebrated its 10th Anniversary.
- December 2013 – Aisin Manufacturing received the GM Certificate of Excellence Platinum Supplier Status Award 2014 – Aisin received the State of Illinois Safety Certificate for zero lost time, as well as the Greater Egypt Regional Planning and Development Business and Industry of the Year.
- 2017 – AMI celebrated its 15th Anniversary and was awarded the Illinois Governor’s Sustainability Award.
- 2022 – AMI celebrated its 20th Anniversary.
Products & Processes
AMI is proud to manufacture a wide range of products for some of the most demanding customers in the automotive industry including Toyota, General Motors, Lexus, Subaru, and Daimler. These products include Sunroofs, Door Handles, Center Pillar Garnishes, Grille Shutter Assemblies, and Active Front Spoilers.
AMI has a variety of manufacturing processes including assembly, injection, and paint. From that initial sunroof shipped in 2002, AMI now ships over 60,000 automotive parts each day. This rapid growth would not have been possible without the efforts of the Team Members of AMI. The manufacturing team is supported by safety, logistics, quality, engineering, maintenance, and administrative departments.
Job Opportunities, Tours, Corporate Donations
Aisin Manufacturing Illinois, LLC
11000 Redco Drive
Marion, IL 62959
Phone # (618) 998-8333